Fire Findings provides answers!
Your source for science-based answers to forensic questions
Need additional training? Looking for specialized training?
If you’re an investigator, engineer or attorney that needs to update your CV or round out your training, consider these
Fire Findings’ seminars.
- Investigation of Gas and Electric Appliance Fires
- Residential Electricity for Fire Investigators
- Investigating Solid Fuel-Burning Appliance Fires
- Investigating Residential Dryer Fires
Even consider one-on-one, intensive day-long training sessions in our laboratory.
Disassemble and compare appliances or devices, or burn some in our burn facility. This is a one-of-a-kind experience when preparing for a deposition or trial. Contact us to discuss your specific needs – (269) 925-2200.
Fire Findings is a forensic engineering firm dedicated to determining how products, devices and systems work and fail – and how they cause fires, explosions, floods, freezing or other types of incidents.
We assist clients needing answers. We also use our expertise to train others in the field in a series of highly respected seminars at our laboratory in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
At Fire Findings, we investigate a vast array of failure modes and scenarios, often on site or in the lab, most anywhere in the United States and other countries. It’s our passion to deduce how some “thing” or some action or some occurrence caused a failure.
That’s not the end of our work, though.
We follow up with easy-to-understand reporting that outlines our opinions in a straight-to-the-point, professional, scientific manner. It’s our goal for our work to withstand the ultimate challenges of testifying in deposition and before jurors or judges. (Not to mention pass the muster of Fire Findings’ newsletter readers and seminar attendees.)
Since 1996, Fire Findings’ clients have benefited from our specialized knowledge and recovered many, many millions of dollars due, in part, to our investigations. Opposing attorneys recognize our name and know our reporting is based on experience, training and testing. Accordingly, cases often settle long before they go to court, saving everyone involved much time, energy and money.
Our constant focus is to provide useful, accurate answers that assist clients with making reliable decisions.
Here’s a sampling of what we do:
- Conduct fire origin and cause investigations in the field and in the lab.
- Lead small or large-group scene inspections.
- Represent, assist with or conduct/lead laboratory inspections of evidence off site or in our fully equipped facility in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- Examine devices and products to determine failure modes and identify manufacturer information.
- Evaluate files and provide detailed question lists for attorneys, as well as strategically designed approaches to examinations of opposing experts.
- Lend consulting, testing and research capabilities.
- Provide clear, understandable courtroom testimony: Testifying is all about educating the judge and jury. We’re forensic instructors with years of teaching experience.
- Devise and conduct case-specific, scientific real-world testing.
And, we share our knowledge through widely popular seminars in our laboratory. Thousands of public and private-sector fire investigators, forensic engineers, manufacturers’ engineers and safety consultants, utility company investigators, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) investigators, attorneys and insurance company personnel have participated in highly customized, hands-on seminars in our laboratory facility/training center.
In fact, the odds are good, Fire Findings has provided training to at least one – maybe more – of the investigators involved in any given case.
For new investigations, CVs, fee schedules or training opportunities:
Call (269) 925-2200
Fax (269) 925-2204
Or write us at:
Fire Findings, L.L.C.
2026 Plaza Dr.
Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022-2212